Sunday, June 27, 2010

10 Things

Yup, you guessed it. I'm home for the summer and loving it.


So here is a list of 10 things I hate about the farm (gotta take the bad with the good) and 10 things I LOVE about the farm.



10 Things I Hate About the Farm

1) the Bugs!
{The amount of bugs increases I swear 10 fold when you go out to the farm, therefore increasing the bugs splattered on your car, the bugs found in your house, and the mosquitos biting you}

2) the Dirt!
{Seriously, dirt everywhere. Where sometimes that is a good thing, it can also be a bad. Case in point, we go to town and my mom gets her car washed. By the time that we pull into our home, there was already a nice layer of dirt on it}


3) the SLOW internet
{Wow, wow. Can I say I have to keep myself occupied by opening 3 different tabs AND playing a game AND eating all at the same time. And if you want to watch videos or listen to music...forget about it}

4) the Inconvenience of it all
{Well that about says it all. After all, town is at least 30min away, meaning the closest grocery store}

5) No take-out
{If we bring any food home, we have to buy it not warm and bring it back and then cook it}

6) Everyone knows everyone
{And I think I should include that everyone is related to everyone in our ward and this area. The thing is is that people are awesome here, but regardless of what is going on, they always think that it is their business to know. Nothing is private here in good ole Basin City}

7) well....that's about as far as I got...I can't think of anymore.




10 Things I LOVE about the farm

1) Wide open and beautiful
{It is so beautiful out here and it is so green and everything. It's actually pretty hard to describe the beauty in a small blog post...and I could talk forever about it}

2) Lack of Concrete
{I forget how much I despise concrete until I'm back home. It is a nice trade off to get away from the concrete and trade it for green, even dirt and weeds, which I mentioned before.}

3) The air
{It is cooler here, because of lack of concrete, and now there are water sprinklers to cool the crops down. Also, there isn't as many cars, so that is really nice to keep the air clear}

4) The stars
{While I might be a little prideful in this, I think there is no place better to see the stars then my home. You don't have to go anywhere and you can see a beautiful night sky because there are no city lights}

5) the People
{the people in my ward and the people in our community are amazing. They are so warm and welcoming and really care about us. As previously mentioned, that can be a problem, but they are the kind of people that would give the shirt off their back for you and they are very humble}

6) the lack of "stuff"
{cars rarely go by and you don't see buildings wherever you go and it's replaced by fields, it's awesome}

7) Sunsets and Sunrises
{This is unique to Utah, but we can never see sunrises and sunsets. Here, you can enjoy both and man, they are gorgeous. Something that everyone needs to experience.}

8) you don't have to see people
{I could go a week without talking to anyone other than my family. And lets face it, sometimes people annoy me and it's really nice to not have to be in contact with anyone...even though I love you all.}

9) Relaxation
{Even when it is the busiest time of the year, people still know how to relax and enjoy life in general. Because town is so far away, we learn to have fun out here, even if that means sitting in a lawn chair or taking an afternoon nap}

10) it's my HOME
{I think I could probably keep on going and keep on talking about home and how much I love it...after all, my post is called "10 Things"}


I am home for 2 months and I'm so excited. It feels so good to be home. And who said I can't live in two different places :)

No comments:

Post a Comment